Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal #3 Plumbing

Since the beginning of the school year, I have loathed my new elective class, plumbing. Although the class exemplifies a career that one can create acceptable profits, it does not interest me. Against my willingness, I have learned that I can utilize the lessons in plumbing class and apply them to real life situations. My dad jokes about my plumbing class and asserts that I could fix all the plumbing problems in our house. The splendid aspect about plumbing class, and declared countless of times from my plumbing teacher, that I could use this experience to have a possible career in plumbing. My future does not lie in the plumbing business, but the wonderful idea of already having an option to choose for a career welcomes me. In my tiresome plumbing class, I have acquired abilities such as soldering copper pipes, solvent welding abs pipes, setting a toilet, and cutting cast-iron pipe. I could use all these new found abilities in a future plumbing career and I would have advantage over other unexperienced persons wanting to have a place in plumbing. I already know that when the toilet does not flush, the reason applies that the string that attaches to the cup that covers the flow of water inside the tank, appears not being attached. My plumbing teacher clarifies that that situation as basic in the plumbing industry and if a plumber has resolved that in a customer's house, they can charge from fifty to one-houndred dollars. All that money can come from not putting the string back to the cup, and now I have learned that and I know how to fix it. Even though plumbing does not have all my interest, the subject does give me experience for a future career if I was not able to accomplish my dream.

3 comments:

  1. I think that being able to learn plumbing techniques will greatly benefit you in the future. Aside from giving you good knowledge on DIY fixes on sinks and other plumbing issues, you can also get a license! Having one will earn you extra money whenever someone calls you for a home service.


    Kurt Verdejo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My school had the same class as well where they teach us simple to complex techniques on how to repair our sink and pipe lines. Yes, it’s true that the class was boring, but I knew that it will pay off. Everything I learned from that class is what helped me to do repairs on our bathroom and sink today. I’m glad that I stayed and listened!

    Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete