Thursday, December 1, 2011

Journal #9 The Holiday of Unity

My holiday would represent the feelings of unity within everybody in the world. The name of the holiday is simple, the "Day of Unity" and on that day people from all over the world get to gather with their families and friends and enjoy being together with the persons they love. This holiday is integrated in Febuary 11, and sparks the time of unity into the world. I think that being alone can be the worst pain that somebody can witness and can remember that there are people who care about you, in the "Day of Unity." This holiday of mine can resemble Christmas in the aspect of uniting with your family, but I dislike how people can use  Christmas as an excuse to have to reunite with their family. People who do that either do not want to see a family member they are not fond of, or just celebrate Christmas for the presents. When deciding to include the "Day of Unity" into the calendar, I want it to come with a special feeling that conveys to people that not only must they gather together for one day, but that being always together can make them stronger. Families that witness success and hardship together are the ones that fortified from their own pure love. Even though I am endorsing this holiday with passionate feelings, I was never one to support this type of uniting and conviving with relatives. The reason does not mean that I dislike those activities, but I was never the leader in taking charge of something as important as having a family reunion. With the addition of a holiday soon known as "Day of Unity" I have realized how delighted someone can feel as they are together who the people who they care about, and I want everybody in the world to experience those feelings of unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment